#1 johnmets32

johnmets32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Fellow Umpires,

I dont want to bash Jim at ump-attire.com, but he just lost me as customer. Everyone says they have great CS. Until you need to return something. I have easily spent over a $1000 through his site in the last year alone. These shoes don't fit me, so I tried returning them to Jim, but he sent them back claiming they are used. I am honest, they have never been used, other than a brief 20 yard sprint outside on my clean lawn. How else can you tell if they fit properly without testing them?

I have attached pictures and can take more upon request. $90 shipped to your door...

Please PM me and if you want me to send you higher quality pix than you see here.

Thanks ump-attire.

Attached Files

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

#2 JaxRolo

JaxRolo

Dream Crusher

• Premium Members
  • 9,844 posts
  • Joined 24-January 10
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Your Association Name :River City Umpires and Ump Nation

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

I have always had great CS there except for a pair of NB base shoes I bought a couple years ago that when I tried them at home fit ok so I wore them at a game for 1/2 an inning. They hurt so bad I had to run to the car and put my old shoes on.

I had to sell them for half price. UA wouldn't take them back.

Any other place I have returned shoes no questions asked.

I used to be a really good Baseball Player until my eyes started going bad. So I became an Umpire!

River City Umpires Association - Webmaster
Umps 4 Hire - Webmaster

Ump Nation Umpire

Roy Hobbs World Series
FHSAA Baseball Umpire
Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball Certified

#3 johnmets32

johnmets32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

What bothers me the most is I sent them back, to have them resent back to me. I am no first time customer either. I purchased most of my SH*#s, hats, WV Plat chest protector, All-star HSM, to name a few items. Wasted $15, so now when I ship these, I will be down $30. Believe me, I know there are plenty of people out there who take advantage of companies, but in this case these shoes were never on the field, and are still brand NEW. I had them on my feet no longer than 5 mins, if that.

#4 Jocko

Jocko

Resident Smart A$$

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12
  • LocationSomewhere between foul lines and fences
  • Your Association Name :GSUA, ASO

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

Anyone have trouble returning to Honig's? I have sent several emails requesting RA, but no response.
2014 Game Count: 120
2014 Rainouts: 22
2014 DL misses : 13

#5 Called3rdStrike

Called3rdStrike
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 04-June 12
  • LocationFlorida Panhandle
  • Your Association Name :FHSAA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

I asked Honigs if I could send a belt back and they said that would be fine. Just figured I should lose some weight rather than getting a new belt.

#6 Welpe

Welpe
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Your Association Name :GHOA, TASO

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

I hate to say this but getting shoes dirty (such as what is visible in your first picture) does in fact make them used. Jim isn't trying to screw you but they are a small business and if they want to stay in business, cannot always absorb the cost on a pair of expensive shoes.

UA can't resell them as new in that condition and more than likely cannot return them to NB because they are not defective.

UA's service is second to none in my experience and I don't think it is fair to hold this against them.
"That's the true harbinger of spring, not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of a bat on a ball."
- Bill Veeck

--------------
Luke 10:27

#7 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

I purchased most of my SH*#s,

Did they allow you to return those?

#8 johnmets32

johnmets32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I suggest avoiding them at all costs. If you try it on they probably wont accept it. Honigs put out some great shirts this year - Go with them.

#9 Welpe

Welpe
  • Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Your Association Name :GHOA, TASO

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

Now you're being silly. Ump Attire's return policy has always been excellent when I've needed to return something (which is not often). You wore shoes outside and got them dirty, what do you really expect?
"That's the true harbinger of spring, not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of a bat on a ball."
- Bill Veeck

--------------
Luke 10:27

#10 slo8140

slo8140
  • Premium Members
  • 1,094 posts
  • Joined 24-February 09
  • LocationTyler, TX

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

I agree with Welpe. UA has always done me right on returms...as has Honigs. It just seems that most of my returns to Honigs are due to thier error (TX location). When I have had defective products or products that did not fit correcly UA has always taken care of me. I actually purchased my Rite Temp Pads from UA using credit that I recieved from a defective pair of Reebok Basketball zigs and an unltimate shirt that had stitching coming out in the shoulder area. No issues either time.

Shoe stores will never take back a worn pair of shoes that is dirty. That is why I always try mine on inside and walk around a bit to see if they will work. Sorry that you had an issue, but no need to bad mouth a company that has a good rep. I am not bad mouthing Honigs here either. Just stating that I have had some issues with orders in the past. They do take care of me eventually, but there customer service has not always been up to the level that I have recieved from UA. I am just one customer, but I have sent many people there way with no known issues.

#11 RichMSN

RichMSN
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 12-March 11
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I try out my shoes by walking around the house in them. No way are they touching the outside till I decide if I keep them.

Oh, and UA is selling NB shoes for $90 new today so you probably won't get any hits until that sale is over unless you lower the price.

#12 JacksFan

JacksFan
  • Inactive
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 27-April 12

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

I suggest avoiding them at all costs. If you try it on they probably wont accept it. Honigs put out some great shirts this year - Go with them.

The question was in the bolded word, I believe he was just trying to lighten the situation.

#13 Dannytheman

Dannytheman
  • Members
  • 1,047 posts
  • Joined 21-June 12
  • LocationLos Angles, Peoples Republic of California

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Am I missing the size being listed??

Duh, edited. Since I see it in title!! Sorry to big for me.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it! :meditation:

#14 johnmets32

johnmets32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Sold. Thanks guys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 460, new balance, Plate shoe, MLB, NB, shoes, ump-attire, sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users