Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI
  • Your Association Name :NBSA / NFWB / MHSAA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Working a Pastime Tourney with my primary partner this weekend, and we just found out we'll be rocking games Sunday at U-M Stadium, .... 4-man!! :D

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#2 JaxRolo

JaxRolo

UmpNation Umpire

• Premium Members
  • 8,139 posts
  • Joined 24-January 10
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Your Association Name :River City Umpires and UmpNation

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Working a Pastime Tourney with my primary partner this weekend, and we just found out we'll be rocking games Sunday at U-M Stadium, .... 4-man!! :D

Cool!

The University of Miami Stadium is pretty nice! :smachhead: :wave:

I used to be a really good Baseball Player until my eyes started going bad. So I became an Umpire!

2014  Game Count:

Regular Season HS: 38

HS Scrimmages:       5

Perfect Game:          0

Other Games:          22

2013 Game Count: 283 :nod:

River City Umpires Association - Webmaster
Umps 4 Hire - Webmaster

Ump Nation Umpire
FHSAA Baseball Umpire
Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball Certified

#3 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

Cool!

Goofball!! :D
http://www.umich.edu...er-stadium.html

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#4 JaxRolo

JaxRolo

UmpNation Umpire

• Premium Members
  • 8,139 posts
  • Joined 24-January 10
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Your Association Name :River City Umpires and UmpNation

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Cool!

Goofball!! :D
http://www.umich.edu...er-stadium.html

Oh that other U-M! :shakehead: Well that one is almost as nice.! :notworthy:

Good Job! Keep up the good work!

I used to be a really good Baseball Player until my eyes started going bad. So I became an Umpire!

2014  Game Count:

Regular Season HS: 38

HS Scrimmages:       5

Perfect Game:          0

Other Games:          22

2013 Game Count: 283 :nod:

River City Umpires Association - Webmaster
Umps 4 Hire - Webmaster

Ump Nation Umpire
FHSAA Baseball Umpire
Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball Certified

#5 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's exciting. We hooked up with this guy last year but never got to work with him/for him, ....too late in the season. We have 3 Pastime's with him this summer, this is number one!

My only concern is .......... I've never done 4 man! :smachhead:

Jeff

#6 cuban

cuban
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 11-December 10

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Pastime tourneys kick ass! They come to my area about eight weekends during the summer. $55 a game with two hour time limits! I usually get between six to eight games a weekend.

My favorite is when they have the 16's play with wood bats. You can get seven innings done in a little over an hour.

#7 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Pastime tourneys kick ass! They come to my area about eight weekends during the summer. $55 a game with two hour time limits! I usually get between six to eight games a weekend.

My favorite is when they have the 16's play with wood bats. You can get seven innings done in a little over an hour.

REALLY!
Good stuff then, eh Cuban??

Jeff

#8 cuban

cuban
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 11-December 10

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Pastime is paying for four man? That's pretty strong for summer ball.

#9 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Well, ... our assigner is the UIC! :wave:

Jeff

#10 cuban

cuban
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 11-December 10

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

I love it. However, I'm a little bit jealous to find out that you guys are getting paid for four man. We only get paid for two man, even for the championship game. I think I remember them paying for three man for the championship game a few years ago but it's been awhile some my memory might be wrong.

What are you guys getting for a four man?

#11 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

cuban, check your PMs

Jeff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4 man, finals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users