#1 RichMSN

RichMSN
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Joined 12-March 11
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Was scheduled to work a non-conference game at the end of the regular season. Found out that it was a cancer fundraiser about a week before the game. I emailed the AD and offered to donate my $60 game fee. Because of accounting, I mailed a check to the school and got paid for the game a week later.

The AD was surprised and touched by my gesture, but that's not why I did it. I also collect a voluntary crew donation for football every October and I gave a game fee then, too. We donated a few hundred dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Fund. I'll organise the same this year.

Working a game for free wasn't exactly a hardship.

#2 Umpire in Chief

Umpire in Chief

Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,115 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08
  • LocationMoyock, NC
  • Your Association Name :EVOA, CIAA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Way to go Rich!

Warren

#3 Jocko

Jocko

Resident Smart A$$

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12
  • LocationSomewhere between foul lines and fences
  • Your Association Name :GSUA, ASO

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

In honor of my stepmom (10 years cancer free!!!) I donate a full weekend tournament's earnings in October. I encourage everyone to make some form of charitable donation to this worthy cause. I never step on the diamond without my pink wristband with her name written on it. She is a remarkable woman and I'm grateful she's in my life.
2014 Game Count: 120
2014 Rainouts: 22
2014 DL misses : 13

#4 RichMSN

RichMSN
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Joined 12-March 11
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

One last follow-up to this thread.

I made our football crew donation on December 30 to the BCRF.  Each of us donates what we want and I send the donation in at the end of the year.

Next year I'm going to organize something through our high school association as I'll be the president of the group next year and I'd like to see us get more involved in charitable endeavors.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users