17 replies to this topic

#1 SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 18-June 08
  • LocationLakeside, CA
  • Your Association Name :S.D. Elite Umpires 2009 to present ---San Diego Blues 2006 --- San Diego County Baseball Umpires Association 1986 - 2006

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hi Everyone,

After reading about Typhoon's upcoming surgery, I thought I would solicit prayers and well-wishes for mine as well.

I go in for an angiogram/heart cath on June 7th, followed on June 8th by aorta valve replacement surgery. This surgery had been scheduled for last November, but was put off in order to deal with the lymph node and voice box cancer treatments/surgery I just got through recovering from (100% cancer-free, praise God!). I also wanted to finish my MBA degree (this Saturday is last day!) before doing this, as I didn't want to interfere with my progress on that,

I will find out if any bypass is needed on the 7th, and will likely have a pacemaker put in, since I have never outgrown the heart murmur I was born with, and have atrial fibrillation as a result. I am confident that the surgery will go well, but I am a bit nervous about it. :agasp_: So, any words of encouragement will certainly be appreciated! Thank you.

Steve

#2 James Walker

James Walker
  • Members
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
  • LocationWillis, Texas
  • Your Association Name :Dixie, Nations and USSSA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Thoughts and prayers brother. Here to a quick recovery. Congrats on the MBA by the way.
You can only please 50% of the people 100% of the time.

2014 Games:
Nations: 36
Dixie: 41
Pony: 9
2014 Totals : 86
2014 Ejections: 8 (5 Coach, 3 Player)

RIPMST

#3 carolinablue

carolinablue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Joined 10-August 08
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

I will definately be praying for a smooth surgery and a quick recovery.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't-you're right. ~Henry Ford

#4 Umpire in Chief

Umpire in Chief

Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,125 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08
  • LocationMoyock, NC
  • Your Association Name :EVOA, CIAA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Take care of yourself SDS we'll be praying for you.

Warren

#5 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 28-October 09
  • Your Association Name :Amherstburg Umpires, Windsor District Umpires, KDUA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Steve:
Best of luck with your procedure, I have to go to the hospital to the Pre Admittance Clinic on Friday. I will meet with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist and be given a date for the surgery. It is anticipated that it will be sometime in June. It would be a lie if I said that I wasn't a little aprehensive, however my next door neighbor had a bypass done 9 weeks ago and he was out cutting the grass today. Again Sreve good luck, I'm sure you'll be back on the diamond before you know it.
Tony
The only dumb question is one that isn't asked

#6 JaxRolo

JaxRolo

General Joykiller

• Premium Members
  • 9,600 posts
  • Joined 24-January 10
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Your Association Name :River City Umpires and UmpNation

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Steve,
I pray all goes well. Our thought are with you!

I used to be a really good Baseball Player until my eyes started going bad. So I became an Umpire!

2014  Game Count:

Regular Season HS: 40

HS Scrimmages:       5

Perfect Game:          0

Other Games:          45

2013 Game Count: 283 :nod:

River City Umpires Association - Webmaster
Umps 4 Hire - Webmaster

Ump Nation Umpire
FHSAA Baseball Umpire
Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball Certified

#7 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 8,995 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI
  • Your Association Name :NBSA / NFWB / MHSAA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

We're all with you Steve!!

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#8 OHUMP

OHUMP
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined 25-February 11
  • LocationMaumee, OH

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Prayers coming your way Steve. Here is to a quick recovery.

#9 Fittske24

Fittske24

Resident Gear Pimp

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  • Joined 11-December 09

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

We are all praying for your speedy recovery!

#10 Welpe

Welpe
  • Members
  • 1,098 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Your Association Name :GHOA, TASO

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Steve, may the Great Physician guide your physician's hands for a successful surgery and have you on the way to a full recovery. Will be praying for you, brother.
"That's the true harbinger of spring, not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of a bat on a ball."
- Bill Veeck

--------------
Luke 10:27

#11 SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve
  • Members
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 18-June 08
  • LocationLakeside, CA
  • Your Association Name :S.D. Elite Umpires 2009 to present ---San Diego Blues 2006 --- San Diego County Baseball Umpires Association 1986 - 2006

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thank yous go out to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. It is very much appreciated!!!

#12 Stan W.

Stan W.

Crew Chief

• Moderators
  • 1,819 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Steve,
You sure are facing a lot of stuff coming up........... and you can be confident that the prayers and well wishes of your friends go with you. Like Welpe, imy daily devotions, I will be praying for you and all those heathcare professionals that will be assisiting in gods work....

best wishes, and fervent prayers

Stan

#13 SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve
  • Members
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 18-June 08
  • LocationLakeside, CA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Thanks Stan! I have God and one of the finest cardiac surgeons there is doing the operation. He is highly recommended by patients and other doctors alike, so I know I'm in good hands all the way around. Thanks again everybody!

#14 SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve
  • Members
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 18-June 08
  • LocationLakeside, CA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Had the surgery. Successful. Very sore. Post again soon. Thank you for all the prayers. I'll post again when I feel better.

#15 dumbdumb

dumbdumb
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Joined 19-February 10

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Had the surgery. Successful. Very sore. Post again soon. Thank you for all the prayers. I'll post again when I feel better.

Sounds great. Listen to the umpires (doctors, nurses, etc.) about the rules you need to go by to help in your recovery. No arguing. When you are ready, come on back. We are better with you on our team at this forum.

#16 OHUMP

OHUMP
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined 25-February 11
  • LocationMaumee, OH

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

As dumbdumb said do what the doctors say and take care Steve glad to hear it went well.

#17 SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve
  • Members
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 18-June 08
  • LocationLakeside, CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Okay, they kicked me loose today. I arrived home early this evening and just took a nice shower. It's good to be home. Everything is progressing well, but I am sore as the dickens still. Percocets are my friends right now! :ZZZ: My heart rate had dropped to the mid 30s and my old valve was so bad the doctor didn't know how I was still walking around with it. Back where it should be (55 to 80 range) for me, and a nice blood flow going. No bypass was needed as my coronary arteries were found to be just fine on the Thursday heart cath procedure.

Anyhow, I am going to be doing a lot of PT and walking to get back in shape, but my fingers are still working, so there's no excuse not to post here. Thanks to everyone who said prayers or wished me well. I don't recommend this if you can avoid it.

Typhoon, I am sure you will do just fine as well. It's tough but doable! Oh, and I got my MBA on June 1st, which is what I had been putting off the surgery for, and I am stoked! :meditation:

#18 Stan W.

Stan W.

Crew Chief

• Moderators
  • 1,819 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Outstanding News Steve!....always glad to hear that our appeal to the Chief Umpire went our way!!...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users