Photo
- - - - -

UK3 = time play/2nd play???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #1'> #1 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #1' /> AJtheUMP

AJtheUMP
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 19-January 12
  • LocationSimms, TX
  • Your Association Name :Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I was not calling this game.

OBR rules. R3, 2 Outs. Close game.

Uncaught 3rd strike (past ball), Batter stands there looking lost, runner takes off home. Batter gets a clue and runs as catcher flips to the pitcher trying to get the out at home. Runner is.... "SAFE". They throw to first for the third out. Does the run count? :shrug:
“Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball.”

“You argue with the umpire because there is nothing else you can do about it.”

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #2'> #2 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #2' /> mw94

mw94
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 21-August 09
  • LocationPhoenix , AZ.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

No

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #3'> #3 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #3' /> johnnyg08

johnnyg08
  • Moderators
  • 4,449 posts
  • Joined 13-February 11

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Day game or night game? You mentioned that it was a close game. How close?

Just kidding...no run. The batter runner did not reach first base before the third out.
I'm not where I need to be, but not where I used to be.

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #4'> #4 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #4' /> AJtheUMP

AJtheUMP
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 19-January 12
  • LocationSimms, TX

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

the batter runner did not reach first base before the third out.

At risk of being crucified. The batter/runner must reach 1st before the run scores before the third out?

So same situation but they overthrow first and he goes for second and gets thrown out. The run counts then?
“Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball.”

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #5'> #5 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #5' /> ukce1861

ukce1861

Premium Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

At risk of being crucified. The batter/runner must reach 1st before the run scores before the third out?

So same situation but they overthrow first and he goes for second and gets thrown out. The run counts then?

Don't overthink this - "A run is not scored if the runner advances to home base during a play in which the third out is made by the batter-runner before he touches first base."

This is the same as any other play of this type - if it's a "force-type" play (I know, I know, BR to 1st isn't a force play) then no run scores.

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #6'> #6 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #6' /> Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 7,454 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI
  • Your Association Name :NBSA / NFWB / MHSAA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

the batter runner did not reach first base before the third out.

Count the run, ...BR reached first.......

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #7'> #7 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #7' /> AJtheUMP

AJtheUMP
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 19-January 12
  • LocationSimms, TX

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Thank you sirs! It all counts on the BR reaching first! :notworthy: I can always count on you guys!

UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #8'> #8 UK3 = time play/2nd play???: post #8' /> semper_fi_72

semper_fi_72
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
  • LocationRiverside, California

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Thank you sirs! It all counts on the BR reaching first! :notworthy: I can always count on you guys!

More specifically BR being SAFE at First Base.
He can still reach it and then even be safe at second base and the run may not count.
example: BR Missed 1B which is properly appealed and he is called out.
He was never safe at first base so the run can not count.

2014 Game Count 40

Suffered Back problem that required Surgery in Feb so well off my normal game count for the year.

But I am Happy, Happy, Happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users