cbiesecker
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 19-December 11
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
  • Your Association Name :Delco PIAA Chapter

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Put the Team Wendy pads in my mask on Friday. Took my first mask shot on Sat morning. Sounded worse than it felt. Now I'm curious as to how it would have felt if I had left the Diamond 50/50 pads in the mask. I'm not planning to switch them back to find out.

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

#42 Mike Prince

Mike Prince

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Joined 04-November 09
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Anyone wash theirs yet? The fabric on the inside of mine is a bit abraded (from stubble I guess) but I'm also thinking they could use a cleaning. Ump-Attire states on their website the pads are "machine washable and dry quickly" - obviously they have to air-dry. I looked on the Team Wendy's website as well but couldn't find any care instructions.

#43 Fittske24

Fittske24

Resident Gear Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Joined 11-December 09

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Anyone wash theirs yet? The fabric on the inside of mine is a bit abraded (from stubble I guess) but I'm also thinking they could use a cleaning. Ump-Attire states on their website the pads are "machine washable and dry quickly" - obviously they have to air-dry. I looked on the Team Wendy's website as well but couldn't find any care instructions.

I have washed mine in the wash. They clean up nicely.

#44 Mike Prince

Mike Prince

Retired

• Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • Joined 04-November 09

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Excellent, in they go tonight! Thanks Fittske24!

#45 Haid D' Salaami

Haid D' Salaami
  • Members
  • 1,334 posts
  • Joined 30-November 11

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

got mine in today, put them one, and I like how they look... No i have a DI game weds, so I get to try them out.

#46 semper_fi_72

semper_fi_72
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
  • LocationSalina, Utah
  • Your Association Name :USSSA, Babe Ruth, CalRipkin, Little League, High School, UHSFOA, UHSAA, CUA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

After working the first inning in my All Star System 7 HSM, I switched to my Diamond iX3 with the new Wendy Pads.
Thankfully I didn't take any shots but the pads felt great. :Cool2:

Moved to Salina, Utah.  Time for some fishing and hunting.

#47 Mike Prince

Mike Prince

Retired

• Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • Joined 04-November 09

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

I washed mine yesterday in the washing machine, they look new again! (and smell better too)

#48 grayhawk

grayhawk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts
  • Joined 28-August 10
  • LocationLaguna Niguel, CA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

After working the first inning in my All Star System 7 HSM, I switched to my Diamond iX3 with the new Wendy Pads.
Thankfully I didn't take any shots but the pads felt great. :Cool2:

I worked my first game with them yesterday too and they feel lighter than the Wilson wrap arounds. Very comfortable. I took no head shots but too bad I didn't have them on my right quad - I hate slow, lazy F2s!

2014 Game Count:  High School: 53 | AAU: 0 | Pony: 0 | Little League: 2 | UCLA: 2 | Total: 57

2013 Game Count:  High School: 43 | USSSA: 7 | AAU: 30 | Pony: 11Little League: 17 | UCLA: 1Total: 109

#49 T-Rav

T-Rav
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Joined 10-May 10
  • LocationSouth Florida
  • Your Association Name :FHSAA BBUA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

I washed mine yesterday in the washing machine, they look new again! (and smell better too)

How did you wash them? How much detergent?

#50 Fittske24

Fittske24

Resident Gear Pimp

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • Joined 11-December 09

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

I usually just throw them in with my uniform shirts and undershirts. Once they are done, I let them air dry.

#51 Mike Prince

Mike Prince

Retired

• Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • Joined 04-November 09

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

I usually just throw them in with my uniform shirts and undershirts. Once they are done, I let them air dry.

I did the same.

#52 semper_fi_72

semper_fi_72
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
  • LocationSalina, Utah
  • Your Association Name :USSSA, Babe Ruth, CalRipkin, Little League, High School, UHSFOA, UHSAA, CUA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Looks like I may have a brand new pair available with a Diamond iX3 Mask based on doctor recommendation to wear only HSMs :crybaby2:
Will decide what to do after some research.

Moved to Salina, Utah.  Time for some fishing and hunting.

#53 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 9,131 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI
  • Your Association Name :NBSA / NFWB / MHSAA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Looks like I may have a brand new pair available with a Diamond iX3 Mask based on doctor recommendation to wear only HSMs :crybaby2:
Will decide what to do after some research.

You know why??
Because the NOCSAE doesn't currently have any standards for traditional masks without helmets! That's why your Dr. is saying this Lou, ...guaranteed

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#54 Rook23

Rook23
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 28-August 12

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

So I broke down and bought a set that arrived yesterday. Out of the box, I gotta say I expected them to be a little more "cushiony."

Perhaps it was my fault - after reading all the posts on here I expected them to feel like a cloud from Heaven tickling my face. They seem a little stiff and I'm having a hard time getting the bottom of the chin pad to stay down and not push up against my jaw, which is promblimatic but I think I can fix that with experimenting with the Velcro configuration.

Like any sane person would do, I put them on and then proceeded to face palm myself to see what a shot would feel like. I wasn't blown away - granted this wasn't exactly an episode of Sports Science.

Have you guys found that they break-in and form to your face a little bit? Anyone else feel the same way I did out of the box?

I'm replacing the Diamond stocks in my Ix3 that felt much more comfortable so far, but I know I'll explode if I take another face shot with those on.

#55 kylejt

kylejt
  • Members
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined 30-January 09

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

I took one shot with those stock Diamond pads to convince me to swap them out. I actually felt the metal frame hit my jaw.

The TW are firm, and I've found they change viscosity with the temperature. Hard when cold, and no so when warm. Also, they warm up when worn.

#56 Jocko

Jocko

Resident Smart A$$

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12
  • LocationSomewhere between foul lines and fences
  • Your Association Name :GSUA, ASO

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

My 1st pair, I wasn't all that happy. They weren't as comfortablle as the leather I was used to. I took a hard shot with the leather and got lockjawed and a very sharp pain in my right ear. So out go the leather, in with a new pair of TW. I got used to the feel, and must say the protection far exceeds my expectations. I will not wear any other pads from here on out.
2014 Game Count: 120
2014 Rainouts: 22
2014 DL misses : 13

#57 grayhawk

grayhawk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts
  • Joined 28-August 10
  • LocationLaguna Niguel, CA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I had the same first impression of the pads. I prefer leather rather than fabric, but I use them for the superior protection, not for their comfort. I do wish they made them in the wrap around style - can't see how that would lessen their protection.

2014 Game Count:  High School: 53 | AAU: 0 | Pony: 0 | Little League: 2 | UCLA: 2 | Total: 57

2013 Game Count:  High School: 43 | USSSA: 7 | AAU: 30 | Pony: 11Little League: 17 | UCLA: 1Total: 109

#58 gnhbua93

gnhbua93
  • Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Joined 03-November 11

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

I think wrap around style is a Wilson exclusive for the time being.

#59 mmiller32

mmiller32
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 13-July 09
  • LocationSouth Louisiana

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Guys I have a question about the velcro placement on these pads. i have 6 mask with 6 different pads. These are the first pads I own where the male part of the velcro comes from the top of the mask to the bottom of the mask. How did you loop the harness through the middle part of the pads? The only way I can do it makes the velcro obsolete since there is no slot for the harness to go through the pads.

#60 Jocko

Jocko

Resident Smart A$$

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12
  • LocationSomewhere between foul lines and fences
  • Your Association Name :GSUA, ASO

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Guys I have a question about the velcro placement on these pads. i have 6 mask with 6 different pads. These are the first pads I own where the male part of the velcro comes from the top of the mask to the bottom of the mask. How did you loop the harness through the middle part of the pads? The only way I can do it makes the velcro obsolete since there is no slot for the harness to go through the pads.

not quite following you. They mount like other pads.
2014 Game Count: 120
2014 Rainouts: 22
2014 DL misses : 13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users