Mike Prince

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Joined 04-November 09
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Anyone make the switch from Field Magistrates to the new New Balance MU460's? Looking for some feedback on fit/comfort/performance differences.

I've had my Reeboks for 3 seasons now and am starting to look for a replacement. I really like the Reeboks and know how they fit, but the MU460's do look tempting, especially with the different width options.

I've seen different views on-line of whether or not the MU460's run true to size or need to be sized up. I went against the size-up advice when I got my Reeboks and they fit perfectly, but I got a pair of the ZigTech base shoes in my true size and they were too small, so trying to get some perspective on sizing from actual users before I put in an order.

Thanks!

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

#2 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 9,329 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI
  • Your Association Name :NBSA / NFWB / MHSAA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Anyone make the switch from Field Magistrates to the new New Balance MU460's? Looking for some feedback on fit/comfort/performance differences.

I've had my Reeboks for 3 seasons now and am starting to look for a replacement. I really like the Reeboks and know how they fit, but the MU460's do look tempting, especially with the different width options.

I've seen different views on-line of whether or not the MU460's run true to size or need to be sized up. I went against the size-up advice when I got my Reeboks and they fit perfectly, but I got a pair of the ZigTech base shoes in my true size and they were too small, so trying to get some perspective on sizing from actual users before I put in an order.

Thanks!

From what I've seen here on the board .... the new 460 isnt' like the 450, you order your size and it seems to work ....

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#3 Welpe

Welpe
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Your Association Name :GHOA, TASO

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

I've never worn the Magistrates or the 450s but my rule of thumb for NB shoes is go with my actual size but in 4E width. I never wear wide shoes except when it comes to NB.
"That's the true harbinger of spring, not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of a bat on a ball."
- Bill Veeck

--------------
Luke 10:27

#4 jourdyn08

jourdyn08
  • Inactive
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

i got the 460s. the bad thing is they come a loose in the front where the cover attaches. i have worn them on about 30 plates and have had to put them in the shoe shop twice. which is better and cheaper than sending them back. but other than that they are great plate shoes.

#5 Mike Prince

Mike Prince

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Joined 04-November 09
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I will probably go for a pair of 460's, I have a neighbor from when I was growing up who still lives in MA and works for NB, holding out to see if she has a friends and family deal or an employee discount she can share. If not I will call Ump-Attire and confirm sizing before I place my order.

#6 love2ump

love2ump
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 16-October 11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

I have both and i like both equally you cant go wrong with either. To answer your question they run true to size and are very comfortable almost spongey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users