Triguy29
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
  • LocationShillington, PA
  • Your Association Name :PIAA

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Im thinking about getting an umpire tattoo. This is at the TOP of the list. Any other Ideas?Posted Image
"Let's be invisible"

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

#2 UmpJM

UmpJM
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Joined 08-December 08

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Triguy,

I've always thought this would make a good umpire tattoo:

Posted Image

JM
"Finally, be courteous, impartial and firm, and so compel respect from all."

#3 Kevin Finnerty

Kevin Finnerty
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Joined 29-June 09
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

That guy must own his own business.

“Let’s face it: Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can’t resist.”

̶ Bob Uecker

#4 Kevin Finnerty

Kevin Finnerty
  • Members
  • 2,152 posts
  • Joined 29-June 09

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Im thinking about getting an umpire tattoo. This is at the TOP of the list. Any other Ideas?Posted Image

I'd go with this:
Posted Image

“Let’s face it: Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can’t resist.”

̶ Bob Uecker

#5 semper_fi_72

semper_fi_72
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
  • LocationSalina, Utah
  • Your Association Name :USSSA, Babe Ruth, CalRipkin, Little League, High School, UHSFOA, UHSAA, CUA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Things to consider.
Placement which will also help decide size of tattoo.
Don't try to shrink your idea to fit a spot as it may not turn out as clear as you expect when done.
Make sure you get a good artist.
If you don't have tattoo's already think hard about your decision.
Ink is addicting and you will want more....lol.
Would like to see your final decision.
I have 12 and would love a great idea for #13. :cheers:

Also remember....white ink is not going to show good after it heals. It will fade back to your skin tone.

Moved to Salina, Utah.  Time for some fishing and hunting.

#6 sdix00

sdix00
  • Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • Joined 11-November 10
  • LocationMoreno Valley, CA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Triguy,

I've always thought this would make a good umpire tattoo:

Posted Image

JM

Finally! Now I can see the Time play when working one man.

Sigh

#7 Triguy29

Triguy29
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

I have 5 and I'm getting another one tonight. They are insanely addicting. I will definitely show it when I get it.
"Let's be invisible"

#8 Kevin Finnerty

Kevin Finnerty
  • Members
  • 2,152 posts
  • Joined 29-June 09

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

I've been in the hunt for another addiction. The ones I have just aren't costly enough.

̶ Bob Uecker

#9 Kevin Finnerty

Kevin Finnerty
  • Members
  • 2,152 posts
  • Joined 29-June 09

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

This one's very inspirational:
Posted Image

̶ Bob Uecker

#10 Triguy29

Triguy29
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

You know I've been looking for something new to read. Haha I love how it's a bible verse.
"Let's be invisible"

#11 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 9,166 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI
  • Your Association Name :NBSA / NFWB / MHSAA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

I just don't get the whole tattoo thing

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#12 mstaylor

mstaylor

Crew Chief

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,115 posts
  • Joined 27-August 08
  • LocationSalisbury,MD

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

I'm with Thunderhead, I don't get it. I don't care about others getting them but some don't know when to quit. I work in an industry that most of my employees and counterparts with the shows have either tattoos or piercings, or both. I don't have either and I doubt I will. I have seen some really good work and can appreciate but others are just junk.
Posted Image

#13 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 9,166 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

Agreed.
I don't care what other people do. My brother has one (primarily hidden..he's a professor) and I think it's well done and can appreciate it, but....why? What is the purpose?

Why not express yourself in other ways than marring your body/skin?

Again, whatever floats your boat, ..I don't care, ...I just don't get it

Jeff
"To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag." Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham

#14 Triguy29

Triguy29
  • Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

Im also a teacher and all of mine are hidden and any new work will be as well. As far as why I have two reasons I like the look and meaning behind them and I love the feeling. After a tattoo if finished and they start cleaning it up the burning relief is a great feeling. It's kind of like eating really spicy food, it's more about the feeling than it is about the flavor. Again if you don't have one this will make no sense at all.
"Let's be invisible"

#15 mstaylor

mstaylor

Crew Chief

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,115 posts
  • Joined 27-August 08
  • LocationSalisbury,MD

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

I can see getting one that really means something, a tribute or reminder of of something you have done, I can see that. What I can't see is stuff like tribal or oriental writing that you don't really know what it says anyway. Remembering a loved one, a memerable occasion or something work or avocation related makes sense. Also many get things that are cool when they are sub 25 but looks stupid as adults. I have a friend that is a paid medic for the FD that has Ozzie Rocks accross the back of his knuckles. Ironically I hired him at an Ozzie concert, but as a father of a 18 yr old girl, it looks silly.
Posted Image

#16 Thunderheads

Thunderheads

Crew Chief

• Administrators
  • 9,166 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • LocationNorthville, MI

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

I can see getting one that really means something, a tribute or reminder of of something you have done, I can see that. What I can't see is stuff like tribal or oriental writing that you don't really know what it says anyway. Remembering a loved one, a memerable occasion or something work or avocation related makes sense.

I still don't understand this either. I'm not offended by it, and I don't care that others do it, but again, I don't get it. Why?
Why do you need to mar your body to remember someone special? It's just me ......

Jeff

#17 johnnyg08

johnnyg08
  • Moderators
  • 4,689 posts
  • Joined 13-February 11

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

It would take me at least three dates to finish reading that verse.
I'm not where I need to be, but not where I used to be.

#18 JaxRolo

JaxRolo

Dream Crusher

• Premium Members
  • 9,843 posts
  • Joined 24-January 10
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Your Association Name :River City Umpires and Ump Nation

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

It would take me at least three dates to finish reading that verse.

Now that's funny !!!! I like it!

I used to be a really good Baseball Player until my eyes started going bad. So I became an Umpire!

River City Umpires Association - Webmaster
Umps 4 Hire - Webmaster

Ump Nation Umpire

Roy Hobbs World Series
FHSAA Baseball Umpire
Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball Certified

#19 Richvee

Richvee
  • Members
  • 1,861 posts
  • Joined 30-October 11
  • LocationSussex County, NJ
  • Your Association Name :NJSBUA NJSAB

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

I can see getting one that really means something, a tribute or reminder of of something you have done, I can see that. What I can't see is stuff like tribal or oriental writing that you don't really know what it says anyway. Remembering a loved one, a memerable occasion or something work or avocation related makes sense. Also many get things that are cool when they are sub 25 but looks stupid as adults. I have a friend that is a paid medic for the FD that has Ozzie Rocks accross the back of his knuckles. Ironically I hired him at an Ozzie concert, but as a father of a 18 yr old girl, it looks silly.

I had a friend in HS that had a huge tattoo of "Eddie" from the Iron Maiden albums that ran the entire length of his upper arm. Awesome piece of artwork. I don't see him anymore, but I often wonder how he feels about it today now that he's pushing 50.
Attached File  Eddie.jpeg   13.89KB   0 downloads

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do... I stare out the window and wait for spring."

(Rogers Hornsby)

Rich Verost
NJSIAA member

#20 Forest Ump

Forest Ump
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
  • LocationBay Area, CA
  • Your Association Name :CCAA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Well if you don't like it, there is always this solution.

Tattoo Remover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users