Douglas Chest Protector Modification Price Sheet

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2297 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

If you have a Douglas and want to get it modified, here are the estimates for the "normal" stuff:

•Gap Coverage:   $30

•Side Extensions:  $25

•T-Hook Slots & T-Hooks:  $25

•New Cushion (Black w/Black trim):  $95

•New Cushion (Custom Colors):  $125

•Different Color Trim:   $30

•Shipping estimate varies - allow $20

•Some states require tax to be added as well.

The man to contact for modifications is Mr. Jeff Cook.  He can be reached at:          jeffcook@douglaspads.com

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Only way to not have sales tax is if you are located in a state that doesn't have it.

Not true.

To make up an example, I'm in Kansas, and let's say I do some work for you in Washington. I'm not authorized to collect Washington sales tax, nor should I be, since I don't have a business presence in Washington.

What is *probably* true (I know it is here), is that you are *supposed* to file for a "use tax" when you file your income taxes, which is for this very purpose - so the state gets it's sales tax money. But that puts the onus on you to claim it, rather than me for providing it.

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

If you have a Douglas and want to get it modified, here are the estimates for the "normal" stuff:

The man to contact for modifications is Mr. Jeff Cook.  He can be reached at:          jeffcook@douglaspads.com

I would have thought the padding would be blue standard. That is what came on my new Douglas with the grey plates.

1 hour ago, kylehutson said:

Not true.

To make up an example, I'm in Kansas, and let's say I do some work for you in Washington. I'm not authorized to collect Washington sales tax, nor should I be, since I don't have a business presence in Washington.

What is *probably* true (I know it is here), is that you are *supposed* to file for a "use tax" when you file your income taxes, which is for this very purpose - so the state gets it's sales tax money. But that puts the onus on you to claim it, rather than me for providing it.

That may be true. But when I was looking for a new CP this off season, I was in contact with Jeff about getting a Douglas. I was informed that even though Douglas was located in Houston, I still would have to pay Washington sales tax.

He made it sound as if that would be case no matter where I was located as long as that state had an authorized Douglas dealer. (Oregon would be the exception since they don't have sales tax.)

4 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

He made it sound as if that would be case no matter where I was located as long as that state had an authorized Douglas dealer.

There's the reason why - they do have an authorized Douglas dealer in the state, ergo they have to pay sales tax there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

blue cushion is standard when you order a complete CP

That's probably my fault - my CP is black so I was specifically asking about black when I called.  I'd imagine blue is the same pricing as all black.

5 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

That's probably my fault - my CP is black so I was specifically asking about black when I called.  I'd imagine blue is the same pricing as all black.

That makes since. I once had a 15" black one and sold it.

Been wearing my 13" Grey with Team Wendy Retro and @Thunderheads gap protection and T-hooks the past month. I have lost about 35 lbs since the start of the year and the Douglas fits me much better than it used to. Still rock my Team Wendied Gold, but I forgot how much I like the Douglas as well. I love great gear.

• Like 1

Just now, slo8140 said:

That makes since. I once had a 15" black one and sold it.

Been wearing my 13" Grey with Team Wendy Retro and @Thunderheads gap protection and T-hooks the past month. I have lost about 35 lbs since the start of the year and the Douglas fits me much better than it used to. Still rock my Team Wendied Gold, but I forgot how much I like the Douglas as well. I love great gear.

good for you Stephen!!!!!   Yeah, TW'd CPs are nice, but heavy ....and when you put on a Douglas it just slips on like a t-shirt! :D 

Just now, Thunderheads said:

good for you Stephen!!!!!   Yeah, TW'd CPs are nice, but heavy ....and when you put on a Douglas it just slips on like a t-shirt! :D 

They may be heavy, but the low profile it gives is amazing. My Gold fits like a glove. I don't think the TW did a lot for the Douglas. It was already low profile, but I was just a gear junkie being a gear junkie when I sent them in together. Now I have two collectors items that can take a shot. Too bad my season is just about done. College ball is over for me and the High School playoffs will be done soon as well.

On 5/16/2017 at 0:20 PM, wolfe_man said:

Still in transit and already have a plan to pimp it out huh? I like it!

12 hours ago, slo8140 said:

They may be heavy, but the low profile it gives is amazing. My Gold fits like a glove. I don't think the TW did a lot for the Douglas. It was already low profile, but I was just a gear junkie being a gear junkie when I sent them in together. Now I have two collectors items that can take a shot. Too bad my season is just about done. College ball is over for me and the High School playoffs will be done soon as well.

Still peeved I missed out on this!

7 hours ago, blue32 said:

Still in transit and already have a plan to pimp it out huh? I like it!

Checking up on that, yes.  But will probably wait until season is over. 

Nice! I bet he can make a new pad , and get you that third piece that would convert it to a 15" if you wanted. The t-hooks are a nice addition too. The only thing I wish they can improve on, is the glue they use to attach the "hook" part of the velcro to the shell pieces. It kind of comes up in parts, not to where it comes off or anything, but it just kind of sticks up here and there around the edges.

• 6 months later...